Hello Everyone, I'm thinking of building my CNC router and was planning of using

Hello Everyone,

I’m thinking of building my CNC router and was planning of using 12mm trapezoidal lead-screws but i am inclined to use these below linked cheap ball screws. its just over $15 un-machined end for a 16mm screw and nut 1000mm! Should i go for it or stick it much more expensive rolled trapezoidal screws with brass nuts?

+Peter van der Walt seen you telling somewhere in the community that you would better use a ball screw rather than belts and lead-screws, please give your opinion on this :slight_smile:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/1pcs-diameter-16mm-Ball-screw-SFU1605-length1000mm-plus-1pcs-diameter-1605-Ballnut-CNC-DIY-Carving-machine/834897_1323616530.html

forgot to mention that i have purchased quite some stuff from this seller and all are of good quality but never purchased these ball screws or any linear motion stuff from him.

This type of ballscrews are perfect for DIY CNC projects, but I would by them with machined ends and supports.

£35.25 Postage to the UK takes a bit of the shine off so not so cheap really. Might be different wherever you are. Good luck with the build tho, at least that’s fun.

as @cprezzi said … perfect but take one of the machined ends if you don’t have the ability to do it by yourself.

But is it so cheap! As far I have searched this is unbelievably cheap on Aliexpress.

yes. that’s the reson to buy it there :smiley: … the same things you can get on ebay for the doubled price ^^

Make sure they have a return policy if you find out the screws are bent. For that price, I would risk it.

@varun_s Have you tried VXB? What is there delivery like. I know they do free delivery to the US and compared to the China prices including delivery only $10-20 more. Plus they sell the nut carriage and bearing housings.
for example http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Screw-assembly-1000mm-circuit/dp/B011W4T53U/ref=sr_1_11?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1457216797&sr=1-11&keywords=16mm+ballscrew+1000