Hello everyone, I bought a K40 last year and through the help of this

Hello everyone, I bought a K40 last year and through the help of this group have upgraded it to a reliable little machine. Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this great resource.

Is there a way to reset my home position by 4 or 5mm? I am running K40 Whisperer and my cutting area is 325mm x 228mm. I have a project where I need just a few mm more cutting space on the Y axis. 228 is already puts me cutting very close to the Y axis motor. However, when I unlock my rail I can move my gantry about 7-8mm up before it comes in contact with the frame.

Thanks again!

The position of the limit switches dictates home.

the only setting that comes to mind is reducing the retract after home to 1-2mm, I believe its default is 5mm.

I’ve seen some here do a modification where they remove the partition between the main area and the control board area, then install a whole new gantry system. Voila! Larger cutting area. Not a small or trivial mod though…

Unlock the rail and manually move the head where you want to start. K40 Whispered will start wherever the head is.

Great, it worked and I had 3mm left over! I assumed I had to initialize after unlocking the rail. Thanks so much!