Hello all! Been quiet in here.

Hello all! Been quiet in here. I haven’t had much cnc work lately, but i figured I would show off my latest project that I used my ox/R7 hybrid for. I only used it to cut out the plates with the plasma cutter. I have been on a metal working kick lately. Next project will be gates for my driveway, which should use a decent amount of plasma-ox-r7 cutting. Still can’t get my thc to work correctly with planet cnc, really frustrating. If anyone has any experience with the combination of Proma thc’s and planetcnc, I would be grateful for your experience.

As for this project-I’m not a big gamer. When I game, I like to go all out though. I started off with Dirt Rally, then Dirt 4. Both fun games, but Dirt Rally is quite difficult to master. It’s a good way to let off some steam after a day of work without getting a speeding ticket or driving recklessly.

I’m using a Lotos LTP5000D plasma cutter (pilot arc, a necessity), with a planet cnc controller and their software. I fit a machine torch from ebay to it (roughly $20). Using estlcam for my CAM setup. I have sheetcam, unfortunately I haven’t spent enough time, or been able to get the post processor set up correctly to do what I want it to… Any experience from anyone there would be appreciated as well.

Bending tube is my new hobby and having a plasma table goes hand in hand with creating things!

More tools, more projects…

Love it brother! My experience with plasma and a R7 tooth and pinion setup with the proma has been on sheet material. It worked amazing. A lot of tuning on speed with respect to Z due to unlevel/moving metal. All this was done with GRBL on $32=1 setting.
It can be done brother, unfortunately I didn’t go far with planetCNC. So not much help.
I love the gaming chair, that would have been a great 4th project. I’ll have to post what I did instead.

The bends look really nice! How are you keeping the tubing from becoming D shaped?

I have a rogue fab tubing bender. Great tool. Bends up to 180 degrees