Having trouble with my k40 smoothie conversion.

Having trouble with my k40 smoothie conversion. When I press X home it moves in the wrong direction. when i move X minus it moves in the right direction x home moves away from the minus direction. I am not sure what is wrong.

Y home moves in the right direction and y minus and y plus does too.

So X moving inverted? Either rotate the connector or add a ! To the DIR pin in the config

If it’s moving correctly when you jog, it’s your endstop detector not being seen.

If the home command is called, this will cause it to seek in the wrong direction for a short distance them stop.
(this assumes it’s set properly in the Config file - if it’s backwards there it will do the same thing))
Check your X switch output - it should be high unless made.

PS (make sure BOTH grounds on the FFP are grounded - they run separate grounds to each opto - who knows why, but they’re separate all the way from the M2 to each opto – pins 6 & 7 of the FFC connector)

PS PS. You may have to add a 4.7K pullup to get the endstops working right - there’s a lot of How-to’s out there that neglect this tidbit. The M2 has these pullups on it, and you lose the function once you disconnect it. The smoothie inputs don’t do the job reliably.

This seems similar to what is going on for me. I just inverted the smoothie config for X with a ! in front. However, I still need to look into what’s going on with mine, as images actually laser mirrored too (so I preprocess by mirroring them before adding them). Just been too lazy to bother fixing it for the time being, since I can work around it.

OMG @Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y ​ that’s a pain in the arse. Let’s fix that

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty Yeah, it is, but I’ve been a bit lazy to figure out what is going on lately :smiley: There are a few times where I have forgot to mirror my source & then lasered something with words backwards haha.

So Jog moves in the right direction but home moves opposite. In addition home does not move to the home position it moves very little.

If I invert the x the jog moves in the wrong direction but the home move correctly.

I am wondering if I should change this setting. alpha_homing_direction home_to_min # or set to home_to_max and set alpha_max

Does anyone have suggested settings for Endstops?

I set mine as Home to Max on Y

Did you have to replace beta_min and beta_max when you changed home to max on Y?

You should have the X optical limit switch connected to Xmin Pin 1 and Ymax pin 1

What you may need to do to your Config file depends on where you got it. You want to set X to min and Y to max. Logic needs to be inverted on both if I recall without looking.

If you send me your Email, I will send you a Copy of my EZConfig - it’s all set up to work with K40 and has built in instructions.

Never edit a Config file with Notepad or Wordpad. Use Gedit (opensource and free)

ALLTEK594@aol.com