Having an issue with my Smoothieboard 5XC.

Having an issue with my Smoothieboard 5XC.

I’ve recently had a chance to actually plug it in, after over a year of it sitting without being used.

I was originally having issues with the 24v power supply, which I’ve now resolved.

However now, I’m plugging in USB cable & unable to get any LED lights turning on or connection to the laptop. Also, tried plugging 5V into it (with the logic controller) and again no LED lights indicating anything going on.

It was working perfectly fine last time I had it running for tests/configuration.

I’ve checked with multimeter at the two pins behind the 5V input and there is power feeding into the board from the USB, but only 1.6V when powered by the USB. When powered by the 5V power supply, there is 4.8-5V at that same point.

Also, there is 4.8-5V (both on USB/5V PSU) at the endstop pins. So power seems to be getting through this part of the board at least.

Is there somewhere else I should be checking with multimeter to determine if something is dead?

Sorry, accidentally posted in General. Can you move to HELP please? Thanks

Please check 3.3v

@Arthur_Wolf Where exactly?

@Arthur_Wolf Actually, I found where

Tested at these points. On VBB & GND shows 0.04V. On 3.3V & GND shows 0.00V. @Arthur_Wolf

Sounds like the board is dead. You possibly have to change the 3.3v vreg and/or the microcontroller. Are you sure nothing happened to it ? Was it stored with wires attached to it ?

It was working with the 5V/3.3V earlier today when I was having issues with the 24V. Once I fixed the 24V issue, which I believe was just a loose connection, it no longer works on the 5V/3.3V. Could it possibly be the RECOM R-78E-0.5 that’s gone & causing issue? Or the USB/5V PSU should not have issue with that?

it could be the recom.

@Arthur_Wolf Cheers for the speedy help. I’ll order another & give it a go when it arrives.

What about plugging in the USB cable? Any lights that way?
Check for shorts between Gnd and 3.3v, Gnd and 5v, and Gnd and Vin.

I’d recommend Rays recommendation but add to unplug all cables and try just the USB.