Has anyone had the Simplify3d issue lately?

Has anyone had the Simplify3d issue lately? (The issue where the firmware becomes unresponsive.)

I have had it happen to 3 parts in the past 2 weeks, on 2 different printers. I tried the gcode correction tools on the smoothieware site, but that didn’t fix the issue. The parts stop at the exact same spot everytime and using pronterface and silc3r fixes the issue. So I can only conclude that its the same issue everyone had in the past.

Haven’t heard of the S3D bug for two years now ( since they fixed it on their end ).
Maybe they made a new one ?

Ya, it just randomly started happening to me. One printer has been running for over 6 months now with no changes made recently. And the other is about a month old.

When it happens the firmware unresponsive message will pop up in the command tab, but then it will run a few more lines of code. And then the message keeps popping up with fewer lines of code ran in between each time, until it eventually locks up permanently.

Can you try another computer ( with a file you know willl fail in S3D ) ?

I have tried different computers. I have 3 computers with simplify on them. The 2 computers that are having this issue both have version 4.0.1 of simplify while one has version 4.0.0 and doesn’t have the problem (so far).

I think you need to start using the computer with the version of s3d that doesn’t exhibit the problem ( yet ). Then either nothing happens in case you’ll know you need to tell s3D one version is buggy, or something will happen and then we can start working on this again.

Ya that’s my plan. I need to check to see if simplify has previous versions available on their site