Has anyone experienced their machine just stop suddenly in the middle of a job?

Has anyone experienced their machine just stop suddenly in the middle of a job? This has happened to me a few times and it happened tonight. I just hit feed hold and resume and it continued on.

Sounds like the know buglet in SPJS 1.83.
Go back to SPJS 1.80 for now, 1.85 will be out soon

I’m running 1.80 now. When it happened previously it was on an earlier version. Maybe it’s just an issue with my old laptop.

@Brian_Cross Could be, but unfortunately the much faster (less resource intensive) SPJS is 1.83 and beyond.

No worries, thanks Carl. Like I said, it’s only occurred a few times in the many hours I’ve been running the machine and it was easy to rectify. I’ll keep an eye out for 1.85.

It is a known bug that has been quite elusive to catch. However I think we are close and the next release should have it solved. in the meantime do exactly what you did.

Ok great, thanks John!

I plan to start doing a code check in GRBL $C mode before running the real job. Is this likely to catch the problems that are causing this pausing?

Also, I sometimes get errors 25 or 33 reported from my gShield when it pauses. Not sure if that’s a problem with the code or a communications error. Any ideas there?

Just wanted to add that it usually only happens with relatively large gcode files. The files are also fairly complex with large numbers of short moves. Not sure if it’s the file size or the high rate of gcode lines.

The next version of SPJS will have this issue licked.