Guys, i'm having trouble with this printer of mine,

Because it’s a 10mm bore. And gives gearing options. (I’ll be driving 16t to 32t to double resolution)

Gotcha

Yeah I tried to get http://robotdigg.com to make them 20t but not enough metal. So it went up to 32t. Now they keep them in stock after our first order.

Yeah well, i printed thos pulleys because i wasnt sure of the design, wanted something disposable, that i would replace in case things went right.
I was about to ask the same question for the 32 tooth pulleys, but i got the answer, which drives me to another question, what are the speeds you think i can achieve with this printer, remove from account the extruder speed (i have another trick coming for that one, i’ll share whenever i got the thing working), i mean what are the maximum movement speeds i can achieve?

@Jason_Smith ​ what’s the fastest you’ve printed?

Click the name i just plussed. He has prints on there at 160mm/s plus

Okay, can we reach a travel speed of arround 300mm/S ?more? less?

I have taken Eustathios to 180mm/s with OK quality. Much above 150mm/s and harmonics on printers become a real problem. HercuLien has been tested at 250mm/s. https://plus.google.com/109092260040411784841/posts/gnn6rmyWWC6

Extrusion is also difficult at those speeds.

@D_Rob , I’ve printed at 200mm/s and 220mm/s, but the quality drops significantly due to (speculative):
-simply not being able to pump enough power into the hotend to maintain the necessary extrusion temp of 285-290C for PLA ( It seems to require those temps in order to fully melt the filament as it’s being pushed through the hotend so fast)
-not being able to change the nozzle pressure fast enough to keep up with the widely varying carriage travel speeds (possibly made worse by using a bowden vs direct setup). This results in blobs near the corners where the plastic overextrudes when the speed is low and gaps on straight sections when the speed is very high.
For reliable printing at decent quality, 150mm/s is what I normally use. For much higher quality or for smaller pieces, I drop it down to 80mm/s or so.
I haven’t actually tested the max travel speeds, but you should be able to get close to 300mm/s.

Okay, thank you for the information guys.