Google+ post by Todd Fleming on 2016-12-10 22:59:53 UTC

It’s a demon!!!

Now that is how a laser should work.

Every video I watch I am just amazed in the speed, any faster and it would look like a fiber laser. :wink: Should make whatever religious token you feel to hang over it to keep it running at that rate.

Are diode lasers faster at switching power levels than CO2 lasers?

If you need air assist I have a small pump and a LightObject head I’d be willing to donate to assist you in your efforts. I can’t remember if you absolutely have to upgrade to the larger lens to use the head or if you can use the existing one so you may have to buy a larger lens. But otherwise it’d get you air assist.

You need a larger lens, however if you have a 3d printer can make a bushing for it to sit inside, or drill out a nylon washer to fit in. :slight_smile:

@NathanielStenzel ​ the biggest delay I have seen on a C02 laser is the initial energizing but this can be overcome slightly by using “Tickle” power to energize the tube at a low enough setting to keep the tube active but not burn/cut anything… as far as laser diodes unless you have a super high output such as a fiber laser the compact diodes that are affordable don’t contain enough energy to do much of anything a high speeds like a fiber laser is able to do. Also noting that CO2 and diodes operate in different spectrums allowing certain materials the ability to mark and others useless