Google+ post by Nelis Willers on 2018-03-25 16:57:26 UTC

This is a fairly good presentation about thermal imaging / infrared thermography. It does not present anything about 3D printing specifically, so let me.
I have been providing independent, professional infrared thermography services since 1999, and was doing them for an industrial employer before that.
Infrared thermography (IR) can be used in 3D printing applications to analyze, troubleshoot, improve, and monitor the thermal aspects of printing. This can include filament temperatures at and below the nozzle in FDM; product temperature on the printer, both as the Z-height changes and as the product cools; bed temperature distribution and uniformity, and temperatures of parts of the printer that may be of concern. I have not listed the nozzle temperature because nozzles are typically shiny metal materials that are hard to impossible to measure directly with IR. However, if you are willing to coat the nozzle, say with a high temperature matte paint, the it can also be successfully imaged and measured.
In my practice, I often can combine the application of IR with heat transfer analysis and simulation to iteratively develop outlines for design improvements. My tools in the simulation area allow me to include computational fluid dynamics, so that I can look at the effects of air flow on the heat transfer. I have had a couple of conversations in that direction elsewhere in this group.
If anyone wants to have a discussion about a particular project, I’d be glad to do so.
Jack Kleinfeld

Really, there’s no image, its blank,

Well I suppose then as an example of thermal imagery everything must be the same temperature

I am on an android tablet and it is blank for me too.

I saw a full slide show, on a desktop. On my phone the initial post is empty.