Good evening guys :) i think im right here.

Good evening guys :slight_smile: i think im right here.

I want to upgrade my 40W laser to an 50W CO2 Laser.

I ordered the Tube and a new Power Supply. (Dy-10 50W)

And i ordered a Smoothieboard 4cx too :slight_smile:
I added new Stepper motors and Laser Glasses :slight_smile:

So my question is:

Did someone have a wire instruction? So that i can directly connect the smoothie to the Dy-10 Power supply? In the internet are very much confusing things :open_mouth:

So i think that im here by the right side of laser blaster :slight_smile:

Hello there! There is a thread on the go that talks about doing this just a few days ago that has the wiring schematic on it.

https://plus.google.com/112428355097604312279/posts/D1kLCrKwPmb

https://plus.google.com/112428355097604312279/posts/D1kLCrKwPmb

Hey @Chris_Hurley , thanks for that. I saw it yesterday :slight_smile:

My brain is actually a little bit confused of diagrams and plans in the internet.

I tell you my thinking, i hope its right.

The normal wiring is clear. Like Stepper and Power to Smoothie.
The only Problem that i have is the PWM connection from the smoothie to the HighVoltage Power Supply.

In my Smoothie Configuration i set the laser_module_pwm_pin to 2.4 so i get the Ground from the HighVoltage power supply to 2.4 and go from the other pin 2.4 to the IN port in the PSU and not in the L/TL. Then i i connect the 2.5^ smoothie pin to the L/TL pin on the PSU.

Thats my thinking correct me please if its wrong :slight_smile:

this pic helped me with my re-wire, and is my current setup with the exception that my laser psu has the green connectors.(and my 2.4 mosfet died so its on 2.5)

@Domm434 thanks. And now my confusing is complete :smiley: i saw soooo much pictures :smiley: The picture i post is my PSU can u just explain where i connect my Ground and PWM? Im very confused now :open_mouth:

ffe3cbc90802d01b0c1bbd6b2fa3a6e0.jpeg

on the rightmost 4 pin: L is your in to pin 2.4 and gnd to mosfet ground.

@Domm434 Yeah thanks. Again for dummys like me actually :smiley:

laser_module_pwm_pin 2.4 >> L Right.(Thats PWM)

switch.laserfire.output_pin 2.5^ >> I didnt need anymore??