Flywheel diode on the small mosfet

I want to use a small mosfet on the smoothieboard to control 2 or 3 brushless motors. Could you suggest an appropriate diode to act as a flywheel diode.

Values for V and A are as follows 12v 300-400mA

Thanks for your help.

As an aside, is there any likelyhood of using an AM335x 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8 similar to the BeagleBone boards, offloading stepper control to one of the PRUs and allowing a webserver along the lines of Octoprint to be added to Smoothieware.

Just a thought.

Imported from wikidot

Hi !

About the diode I don’t have a specific model, but when it doubt : oversize :slight_smile:

About the Cortex-A8, no plan for this at the moment.
We already have Ethernet with a web interface and are working on implementing something close to Octoprint.
About the PRU, next version of Smoothieboard should have a FPGA, that’ll be neat :slight_smile:

Cheers !

Thanks for responding so quickly. I will do some more research, can I use the place on the board where the 2.5mm connector would go for the purpose, again, there are lots of opinions, but little in the way of a definitive answer about positioning.

The smoothieboard Octoprint style we server sounds interesting. I have used Octoprint for a few days and it is interesting and useful although sometimes flame.

Thanks