[FIXED?] Random glitch: vectors now seen as dotted lines? Vectors are now images?

I’m not sure what happened between uses that were minutes apart… but now any file I load seems to replace the vector lines with dotted likes and sees everything as an image. Attaching a pic of what should be red vector lines for cutting, but are black dotted lines instead. This happened on 0.9.2 and updating to 0.9.4 beta didn’t change anything. Which was exceptionally weird, because I emptied and replaced the contents of the folder to make sure nothing was left from the older release. And all my settjngs loaded per usual. Going to snoop around to see if there is a config folder in /home that’s made when you first open the app (and to hold local settings). I’m not getting any error messages of any kind, which further confuses me about this overall.

Turned out to be something wrong with the internal settings. Erasing the meerk40t folder in .config fixed the problem. If I figure out the exact setting that causes the issue, I will comment here about it.

Producing a dashed burn is an explicit (optional) function of Meerk40t and is enabled/disabled in Operation Properties.

In future troubleshooting attempts, try moving the settings folder to another name so you have something to compare back to if things change or are fixed. This way you can also provide feedback to the developer(s) so it might not happen to others.

2 Likes

I definitely did not enable such a thing (on purpose). I’m unsure of how it self-enabled. Maybe we can troubleshoot that if the issue returns.

Point taken. Thinking back, I can’t recall if I deleted it or just moved it. I’ll dig around my folders soon in case I did just back it up somewhere else and we can troubleshoot the actual issue after I backup my current settings for safe keeping. :+1:t6::grin: