Finally got touch plate, ChilliPeppr, and brd import working yesterday.

Finally got touch plate, ChilliPeppr, and brd import working yesterday. Some fine tuning needed but great so far!

Nice. Would love some video too. I’m guessing you’re craving the drills to finally get added into the Eagle BRD Import widget?

I think I can use pcb-gcode for the holes like I have in the past. And I have the board outline in rhino so I can run that through cambam. At some point it would be nice to have it all in chillipeppr but the traces alone are very nice. Thanks.

Have you found the unique feature in ChiliPeppr of being able to deflate/inflate the traces to be helpful? I never saw any features like that elsewhere and I was craving them, so it was a big motivation to do the software.

Yeah I did tweak that a bit. I use a 30 degree v-bit, and between runout and a non-perfect point, I ended up with a higher than expected value. I think I used .02mm trace expansion with a depth of .08mm. I’ve yet to measure the actual cut trace width but I will today.

Make that .2mm.

Hi Chris,
Nice traces, as for the first time. My first board was far worse :wink:
I am using FlatCAM to generate g-code from Gerber files (created from Eagle brd file). Still working on to get satisfactory results.
Btw: what is your feed rate, cut depth and rpm while cutting traces?

Cheers - Seb.