Finally got touch plate, ChilliPeppr, and brd import working yesterday.

gplus
(Chris Miller) #1

Finally got touch plate, ChilliPeppr, and brd import working yesterday. Some fine tuning needed but great so far!

(JOHN LAUER) #2

Nice. Would love some video too. I’m guessing you’re craving the drills to finally get added into the Eagle BRD Import widget?

(Chris Miller) #3

I think I can use pcb-gcode for the holes like I have in the past. And I have the board outline in rhino so I can run that through cambam. At some point it would be nice to have it all in chillipeppr but the traces alone are very nice. Thanks.

(JOHN LAUER) #4

Have you found the unique feature in ChiliPeppr of being able to deflate/inflate the traces to be helpful? I never saw any features like that elsewhere and I was craving them, so it was a big motivation to do the software.

(Chris Miller) #5

Yeah I did tweak that a bit. I use a 30 degree v-bit, and between runout and a non-perfect point, I ended up with a higher than expected value. I think I used .02mm trace expansion with a depth of .08mm. I’ve yet to measure the actual cut trace width but I will today.

(Chris Miller) #6

Make that .2mm.

(Sebastian) #7

Hi Chris,
Nice traces, as for the first time. My first board was far worse :wink:
I am using FlatCAM to generate g-code from Gerber files (created from Eagle brd file). Still working on to get satisfactory results.
Btw: what is your feed rate, cut depth and rpm while cutting traces?

Cheers - Seb.