F1 Parts So my print went faster than I anticipated.

F1 Parts

So my print went faster than I anticipated. It looks like I’ll have the whole thing printed in just a little over a week.

But now, I’m finding several parts appear to be on backorder through Hobby King. More specifically, the battery and micro servo. There has to be others that are being used, over the recommended parts.

What other batteries or micro servos would people recommend?

I use fly venom 2000 for the battery and hs-77bb for the servo.

About how much run time does this battery give you? It’s a lot smaller than what was specified, but cheap enough you could buy two or more, if needed.

For my nephews and nieces car I just run one, but for my new car that I’m building I’m running two in parallel (with a parallel connector), so I get the same run time as the 4200mah turnigy battery that is specified that I have in my Senna car. I like them because they are really small and give you lots of space.

For the servo if you do decide to go with that route let me know and I’ll post up the servo holder and modified parts to make it work.

I decided to go with the HS-77BB servo. I’d appreciate it if you could share your design. I also found the Turnigy battery in stock for cheaper than two of the fly venom batteries, so I went with it. Thanks for your help

@Curtis_Hammer fast response (am working on my laptop). I’ll have it posted up on Thingiverse and Pinshape tomorrow. I’ll post a link. I’m build a car for my niece right now, so I’ll post it up when I have it all finished.

@Curtis_Hammer http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1591838

@brett_turnage I’ve now printed all parts and have all the electronics in hand, but I’m not seeing how the mechanical linkage is supposed to come together between the front wheels and the servo. Could you provide a picture and/or some more explanation?

yah sure. Do have the RS-01 manual pdf that was included in the download? If you do go to Section IV. There are two ways to make the attachment, you need a servo arm in both instances: (1) via 16 gauge wire, and (2) linkages with turnbuckles. Let me know if you do have the manual, and if you are still having issues, I’ll go ahead and update the manual and make a new post explaining it via pictures and walk through…

Sorry, but I don’t see a RS-01 manual pdf in the download, just a RS-01
parts list pdf.

@Curtis_Hammer Just uploaded it. there is also a version in the RS-01 openRC parts list. that one has a picture of measuring the wire. If you still need more help I’ll go ahead and update it and walk you through.

Yeah. Sorry but I’m lost. My servo is a HS-77B but it doesn’t look like yours in the pictures. It has wings for the mounting screws. Also in your pictures in the manual, the servo looks to be mounted sideways, but in the manuel at the beginning of the model, the servo bracket is not sideways. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t think so.

@Curtis_Hammer yah, the picture was using an old mount. that was only to show you how to measure and cut the wire.

You have to trim the servo mounts that are the ones on the opposite side of where the servo wires are. Then you remove the stock servo round horn and mount the servo arm. Then you mount it to the chassis.

I’ll go ahead and post a write up on here as well as update the manual so it is more clear and it is up to date with a new mount. Look for it tonight. I have to install a servo tonight in my new car, so I’ll show the beginning steps. Or try to create a walk through.

@Curtis_Hammer I just went ahead and updated the manual for the steering with updated pictures and write up. That should clear up any confusion that you have. If you have any more questions, please ask.