This build is mostly created from leftovers from the spare parts bin.
Most parts are new / unused.
Recently acquired a new 40W tube (freebie) and have a bunch of motors, motion rails, wires, drive boards etc left over from other projects including a new smoothieboard.
Unfortunately … have never used a smoothieboard before.
Have never used Lightburn before.
Lightburn and smoothieboard are talking and there is some movement … machine probably could be use “as is” but it runs roughly.
The issues :
- When stop button is activated software must be closed and restarted. i.e. M999 or $X won’t restart the program.
- Pause button not working.
- Keyboard shift plus move command causes a runaway which then crashes the machine. (Keyboard control plus move command does perform a small jog)
- $H or G28 moves opposite of desired direction but only a small amount and then resets all axis(s) to zero.
- Home is set wherever the head happens to be when program is opened.
- Homing command does not cause the machine to seek the end stops.
Lightburn and smoothieboard have the most recent version of firmware.
config files are available to examine.
Tried lots of different configurations.
Thought I’d try here.
Thanks much for an insight offered.