Does GCodePrintr support the Smoothie web interface?

Does GCodePrintr support the Smoothie web interface? I’m hoping to be able to connect wirelessly via the smoothieboard ethernet port and a dedicated wifi N router. Thanks…TP.

So…Authur Wolf responded to say that the network connection I described should work, but he doesn’t recommend streaming the gcode file wirelessly due to delays and connection drops. Does GCodePrintr have provisions to transfer the gcode file to the smoothie SD card and initiate the print from there? If so, is wifi monitoring and control still active through GCP? Thanks…TP.

I don’t think GcodePrintr supports that either. besides the network file copy is really really…really slow. Octoprint says it supports this, and maybe it does, but it didn’t work for me and my smoothie.

I save my files to an SD card, then put card in the smoothie. Then I start the print over the network (pronterface or telnet or octoprint) with @play/sd/filename.gcode.

The system with the fastest SD speeds is that crocker dudes stuff, reprapfirmware/duet. It has a faster SD access that doesn’t sound important, until you’ve sat through a few file transfers. I don’t know enough about the rest of RRF to judge it though.

@Robert_Burns you mean the network file copy to smoothie is really slow ? Or did you mean the network copy from PC to GCodePrintr ?
I always send my gcode files over wifi to the GCodePrintr App and let the App print it out (via USB OTG). The file transfer is as fast as your wifi + tablet can do.

@Terry_Peterson yes GCodePrintr can transfer the files to the smoothie SD card, but that can be slow.
Best option is to connect the tablet via USB OTG and Wifi, then send the gcode file from PC over wifi to the App and let it print.
In this case the tablet needs to be connected to the printer for the whole print (dedicated power port recommended).

@Mathias_Dietz Access to the SD card in the 3d printers is slow. over the USB to a ramps-sd (using repetier SD upload) > slow. smoothie SD over usb, or network ->slower. RADDS SD over usb> slowest. Only the Duet with RRF is supposed to have (noticeably) faster SD access. its not a big deal untill you’ve tried to move an 80mb gcode file over 115200.

I didn’t know GCodePrintr would upload to smoothie-SD, a good feature , even if it takes a while.

you guys adding in smoothie network support would be nice, but I guess it wouldn’t be too difficult for me to add a BT module, and solve my single USB port tablet issue.

Frankly, I don’t want the tablet tethered to the printer via a USB cable. Smoothie reportedly can be buggy when printing that way. If the WiFi network is dedicated, with all the hardware in the same building/house/room, then streaming the print via the GCodePrintr app wirelessly via Ethernet connection to the smoothieboard shouldn’t be a data transfer issue should it?

I have my smoothieboard permanently tethered to an android tablet and havent observed any issues yet.