Do I need a PID with my new TinyG controller card? Does anyone know?

Do I need a PID with my new TinyG controller card? Does anyone know?

If you are wanting to control the speed of your router then a super pid will work out for you is it a must, no it isn’t.

@Tracy_Ranson great. I’ll leave an open space for it in my controller cabinet, if I decide to install one. Have any suggestions on cable management inside the box?

I am not sure if you need a pid to control the feed of the extruder, if the extruder is run via stepper then your control software can control the speed at which it feeds

I am in the process of building a 3D printer and would like some pointers if you have any ideas for me of what type of 3D machine works best that would be great. I have been gathering extrusion and design my own brackets which I will make with my cnc router. But what I really need is an idea of how a 3D printer goes together because I will be incorporating a Lyman Extruder into the build so that I can take scrap plastic and extrude that directly to the machine in real time.

I responded to your earlier request for cable management. If your 3D printer is working you could actually make the cable trunking with your machine. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1670768

Did you fix your autoleveling? I am thinking that the issue you were having was placement of your sensors, just a thought

Thanks guys

Yes, I finally got my printer calibrated. I disassembled extruder and reassembled it. Eventually, I needed to replace extruder part as part holding probe was damaged. I think it initially was warped causing problem. I got replacement using the MK2S model.

@George_Allen must say I’m a little confused, apologies haven’t been keeping up. OX build with TinyG, superPID for which control sir? Spindle? If you have a feedback loop it would be pretty sweet, but there are some other settings that can make the M3 S### very easy.

Extruder talk, catch me up here. Did you install an extruder on an OX?