designed in Inventor and rendered in Showcase..

#iphone5s designed in Inventor and rendered in Showcase… How about this for a #3DPrinting

Wow! Are we looking at renderings or an actual print (screws & all)?

as of now its just rendering…

Are you considering printing it? It would make front page of 3Ders et al and could show the current precision of desktop fabrication.

As a minimum we could say, “iPhone… Check! Done that.” :slight_smile: Think about it.

.sounds good

@Woody_Williams I would love to print it but unfortunately i don’t have a 3D printer…though the idea is awesome.

Since I’ve concentrated on support and training technicians, the 3D printers I have on hand wouldn’t do us justice.

I’ll reach out to a few friends with shops and see if they’d like to get involved. We’d print just one and show the world :slight_smile:

@Woody_Williams thnks buddy…and let me know if you need any help from my side.

wait, what is this post about? its not 3D printing. you cant 3D print an Iphone anyways. I think you are looking for a 3D design community, not this one

I thought (hoped) he’d printed his design as well, not yet. No ones talking about printing a working iPhone just a convincing printed one.

its impossible to print a working iphone…but even if the print is convincing enough to complement a working phone…it will be a great achievement.

I don’t know of anything yet that can print it in one shot as a convincing part, as convincing as the retail dummies anyway. Add Metallic paint and apply a glossy inkjet print of the screen face, maybe.

If you want a printout that looks like the phone a bit…MCor: http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/23/mcor-iris-3d-printing-paper/

@Chris_Lane it`s really interesting looks quite real…

@Jeff_DeMaagd exactly even if it`s printed in as a single part…more finishing work will be required to make it feel real.

Yes, I wish I had one of those Mcor printouts as a sample (anyone know how or where I can order one?) to play with some finishing techniques.