Dang it's bright ... One section, 24 pixels, running the Noise example (not NoisePlayground).

Dang it’s bright … One section, 24 pixels, running the Noise example (not NoisePlayground). Width=1, Height=24, Serpentine=false, and I think the scale was set to 25 or 20 … I closed the IDE before noting that number. About 45 fps:
549ms for 25 frames, aka 45 fps.
551ms for 25 frames, aka 45 fps.
549ms for 25 frames, aka 45 fps.
560ms for 25 frames, aka 44 fps.
562ms for 25 frames, aka 44 fps.

FYI, this is one of the strips I make for my POVpoi. This is half the strip and it measures 5.67". The LEDs have a diffuser built-in, they don’t have a clear lens like the standard 5050 ones.

I’m going to load it up on a POVpoi just to see what it does. :slight_smile:

How big is the sketch? I haven’t seen any of the noise type sketches yet.

They’re in the 2.1 samples.

Website was down last night when i had some freetime. ; (

With no changes, the sample compiles to 7K for an Uno, 9.7K for a Micro/Leonardo.

Sweeeeeet! I’m thinking of adding it as a mode to my hoop.

Gives me all sorts of ideas!!! You should take some POV shots with the noise demo running, I bet it looks sweet.

Patience my friend, patience. I’m working on fixing up/enhancing the TARDIS for the upcoming comic con.

More improvements uploaded for noise - the noise functions now scale and cover the full 8/16 bit range as appropriate without any weird wrapping :slight_smile:

Downloading new zip file as I type …

Just so you know - because i’ve changed some of the scaling of the noise - you may need to make some brightness adjustments - but the good thing is, brightness shouldn’t be affected by number of octaves anymore.

Yeah, on a whim, I decided to shut off the brightness setting in the Noise example … now everywhere I look, I see 24 dots on a straight line, yellow on the outside, blue in the middle (I have the strip setup as a 12x2 serpentine) … Thanks for the warning. :slight_smile:

Aaaaand, further proof that it’s bright: my daughter generally sleeps with her bedroom door ajar, as long as I have the lights shut off. She just came out to ask why I had the light on … seeing what I was doing, she went back to her room and shut the door.