Configure NEJE e30130 with BBT SKR v1.4 turbo

Howdy all.

I have recently built the ‘Makers Mashup’ – How to make a DIY laser engraver. I followed the - LayerFused L301 Bill Of Materials and whilst the majority of the links on amazon were out of stock I was able to purchase equivalent or the same hardware as listed except for the laser which was no longer available. I did get a NEJE e30130 laser which is PWM power modulation.

Firstly I have had little experience with VSCode or modifying a script but did manage to get the hardware working except the laser. I am using the BBT SKR v1.4 turbo and I use Lightburn. I have done a lot of searching for how to program the laser to work and have come across a lot of information. Give me a break, I’m an old dude and am struggling to get my head around the whole thing. So I would love someone’s expertise on how to get this project up and going.

Kind Regards

Tell us about:
What is working and not working?
What do you need help with?
Pictures of your machine and its wiring
Links to build information.

Howdy Don,

The link to the instructions are in YouTube at,

I played around with the laser for another 6 hours yesterday and kind of got it going after adjusting the script in VSCode. I’m pretty sure that the problems I now have are associated with my computer. I have a MS Surface Pro 6. Device manager recognizes the device on USB to COM port as COM7.

I have Lightburn, LaserGRBL as well as Pronterface. Pronterface recognizes the connection the first time I try to connect. LaserGRBL and Lightburn are very hit and miss. If I turn the laser off then back on it is not recognized by any of the programs even though it appears in device manager and I have to reboot the computer to reconnect. I have managed to actually use the laser in Pronterface so the laser doesn’t appear to be the problem now.

Howdy all, I am going to put this project on hold. I was using the laser with Pronterface and the laser head was jerking badly. After a lot of checking of belts mounts etc. I found that the linear rail carrying the laser head was jamming up. Not bad for a brand new linear rail, but it was from China. Anyhow I can’t afford to get replacement rails for several months (I’m a pensioner). I also switched to another computer and had the exact problems with it as far as the communication with the laser goes. Looks like it is a fail for me. Thanks Don for your interest.