Check out the printer Brook Drumm is building.

Check out the printer @Brook_Drumm is building. Think about this, as a group, we are going to be using this machine to build the OpenRC H-1 Racer.

If you want to contribute or want to learn how to CAD in a collaborative environment, email openrch1racer@circuitgrove.com, let’s learn together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7BsEZx65RI

CAD in a collaborative environment? Did you think of using Onshape, that’s exactly what it’s made for… (maker friendly, collaborative in the Google Doc sense and fork and merge “à la Github”)…

Onshape looks pretty cool, it appears to have the important version control features we required.

Actually, we chose to work with Fusion 360. I’m new to it and so far I’m pretty happy. We’ll see how good it is for version control after we get a few contributors working together.

If you need to switch for any reason (or just out of curiosity), let me know, I’ll be there to help.
(Disclosure: I’m not an Onshape employee, just a happy non-paying user).

Cool, Have you had a chance to fork/merge work from different people yet? If so, how are you finding the tools?

I’ve had the opportunity to merge simple changes or stuff from myself, yet I found the implementation better than anything I’ve seen so far… (Catia, AutoCAD, Rhino essentially). The only hiccup is that you need a good connection for large models.
Another trick is to copy the workspace once you’ve reached a status where you’re comfortable giving up the historic of the model. You can then get a much smaller model which will be faster to branch/merge/etc. It’s not unusual to reduce the size of the model from an order of magnitude.