Can anybody with a K40 using Stock-LIHUIYU board beta test?

https://download.visicut.org/

The code worked in my delete everything and run it from scratch test starting in Visicut 1.8-77 so no version before that.

It should work for Stock-LIHUIYU M2/M1/M/B2/B1/B/A boards. Basically any boards K40 Whisperer works for.

I’ve spent the better part of a week getting LibLaserCut for Visicut to handle the stock M2Nano board and other related boards. And while it works perfectly fine for me. I am one person. And I wrote the driver. And only have one configuration. And can’t know if it will work for others more generally.

It would be extremely helpful to know if there are only problems or successes or if anybody has issues or is without issue. Sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Great news, if it work well as you seem to say, it would be a great step forward.

For memory I started the k40 mod project on G+ years ago just to be able to use open source software, and Visicut was the one. (With Smoothie)

My only worry would be the hardware limitation with original board. But because I get rid of it, I wouldn’t be able to test.

Visicut is great soft to try if you haven’t already. With or without cam option :relaxed:

What hardware limitations specifically? I’ve gone through a lot of it and I’m curious. The guy over at LightBurn seemed to think it couldn’t change speeds. I’m curious if the limitation is a real one or something that basically the Chinese software more or less invented. It can’t control power to the laser, but what’s the rest of the skuttlebutt?

The limitation I am thinking about is the quality of engraving, more recent arm board offer more CPU power allowing acceleration management, with better result on the edge of the photo. But not anyone is concerned by engraving quality or engraving speed. In that case being able to have Visicut on a stock K40 is a big + , thank you for your contribution.

The stock boards do that in engraving mode. They tend to go beyond the position you needed to. The overscan on seems like it’s built in to the hardware. They don’t have power management if you want more than 1 type of pixel you’d need to do multiple run throughs, parsing out the different greys (I’ve actually done that). I’ve actually engraved things at a really high quality. It’s really accurate 1000dpi. I have some fantastic Esher woodprints I’ve done with the stock board.

Wish I could help with the “sooner” part but my plan is use the M2Nano again when I convert my K40 to 2D router service(will be robbing the Laser system for a large format system including the currently used Cohesion3D controller). As I use my laser a lot I cant afford the down time to test.

My question is you mention version 77 and that is no longer listed, so do the later versions contain your changes?

Yeah, everything post 77 should have K40 LIHUIYU drivers in them. Some aspects of the software annoyed me. It’s built more around a print type laser cutter so it’s not generally conducive towards giving the user feedback or fine graincontrol.

I’d still love some feedback on the Visicut driver, though I’ve moved towards working on meerk40t ( https://github.com/meerk40t/meerk40t as a stand-alone laser cutter software with great tweak-ability and lots of user feedback). It doesn’t fully work yet, but when it gets there in a week or so, I’ll need some folks to try it too.