Before I get started I wanted to ask if there's anything I should know

Before I get started I wanted to ask if there’s anything I should know before installing GRBL on my Mega to use with LW4. Is everything ready or is it something that won’t happen, or any tips or tricks anyone can share? In a nutshell I have no idea where it stands but I saw that v1.1e (maybe f) was out and that it worked well with LW4.

I plan to convert my proxxon mini mill into a CNC for fun. Thanks.

Thanks +Peter van der Walt​, I guess it doesn’t support the mega. Thought someone might have something set by now. Oh well.

I did, I couldn’t get laserweb to recognize it. I reflashed with marlin to check my setup and all is fine so it’s not hardware. I assumed it had to do with the grbl version I used. I only dabbled so who really knows right now. I just wasn’t ready to open a can of worms so I thought I’d ask prior to getting into it.

@Chuck_Comito are you using mega with a ramps shield?

@Roberbike ​ I was attempting to. I took a look at the source and thought about making it ramps compatible but i dont think its worth my time. Maybe some day I’ll tackle it. I thought it seemed like a fun little project I could knock out in a day or two . Not looking that way as it stands.

@Chuck_Comito ​ Why not just take an Arduino Uno with a Prontoneer CNC Shield as a Swap replacement?

@cprezzi ​, I had the ramps and mega on hand. I suppose I could build a shield. Was just hoping for easy lol.

@Chuck_Comito firmware grbl 1.1 here:

Well Hey @Roberbike , that worked like a charm. Thanks for the heads up!

Well looks like I’m at another standstill. it seems this task is more of a headache than I had planned. If it’s not one barrier it’s another lol. No z axis with minsk grbl although x and y work great. So much for building this with my junk. Time to hit some online stores… :frowning: