Ares 3D printer can only be operated via a network.

Ares 3D printer can only be operated via a network. Quite a few people feel frustrated by the documents Easy Arts put out. This is my attempt to simplify the very first step - with the included cable. Please comment in Google Docs if something is unclear or incorrect.

Nice write-up. Just in case I need it someday. Hopefully not! As I don’t want you to rule my computer, lol.

Hi @whackyhack , are you “valleyman” in Ares forum?

@Ivan_Hoe That’s me

Yay!!! Glad to know you. You’ve been a great help to me, concerning your advise to connect the Ares via ethernet direct to router.

@Ivan_Hoe Glad they are helpful! I know Linux and networking, but really struggle with the complex workflow in 3D printing. So I contribute what I can. (Another big blank in my knowledge is 3D design. This is so intimidating that every time I open software like 123 Design, I could only stare at the screen, not able to even do minor changes to a downloaded model. Then people talk about the difference between vectorial models and surface-based STL.)

Mr Yuan, can you direct me to the 3d scanning software??

@Shaheen I haven’t got to play with scanning. I know that someone in EasyArts forum was talking about the software. Michael Coley here says he is messing with that, although he hasn’t posted details.

Hello, I don’t have the scanning module.

@valleyman, I think you are remembering where I offered to help someone print the scanner holder.

There are a few posts from Easy Arts forum where others were having difficulty also. I have not heard anyone confirming this works. But, then again I’m sure there is someone out there who has but did not use the forum.

I wish I did purchase it now but, I’m waiting for my Bevel to come. Should be here within the next two months. My thoughts on this at the time was: I have a desktop cnc already, and the Bevel coming so I elected not to buy those modules for the Area.

I can use the scanner but results are terrible, anyone have instructions on how to Calibrate it? There is the option to calibrate in the online software given via the "http://x.x.x.x:8888/ " scanner / IP adress function but not sure if I have a faulty laser. I covered every side of the printer with future board to ensure high contrast with model to be scanned. It scanned to completion but the result was barely recognisable…

Your making progress. Thanks for sharing. Sadly, I have no useful information to offer.

@Shaheen I also have had terrible results with the scanner, has anyone been able get decent scans?

If I remember correctly this scanner uses the FreeLSS software, correct? If so, I would check out the FreeLSS website: http://www.freelss.org/

I have the Bevel handheld unit. It uses a calibration card for this. I’m wondering if the Ares scanner module has something similar.

I do know that lighting will make a difference. Be sure to have adequate lighting.

Sorry for being able to help more. Good luck.