Anyone working with a tool changer and the R7?

Sent out a message this morning! Will chance them down in email if I haven’t heard anything by Monday.
Will let you guys know what’s happening as it happens.
@Kevin_McNally we can certainly look into it, will head into these things once we have footing on the ATC.

@Brandon_Satterfield Looking at this picture, are we going to have to move the spindle out from the z-axis? It seems this will make the spindle a larger diameter.

2b487004a69c6c484cca96a12fb661f0.jpeg

@Colin_Kaminski that may well be the case, but hard to tell from the images. An ER-11 can be made to look huge with the right angle. I’ll look tomorrow to see if can get the hall rolling and things like this will be good general questions.

Gents, we have contact. @Colin_Kaminski @Kevin_McNally @Eclsnowman @Aaron_Troxel .
The OK news, 10% for a group buy. Was hoping for 20 to make it worth while in the event we needed to modify.
They provided two links stating that the most important dim is 65mm of spindles body and 49mm of the neck.
Here are spindles they state the ATC fits. I have asked for a CAD model.
http://www.cnccat.gr/index.php?id=2&productid=2450&catid=165&subcatid&lang=gr
http://www.cnccat.gr/index.php?id=2&productid=1967&catid=166&subcatid&lang=gr
I’m not completely sold on the fitment as of yet. Shooting out another email to see if I can find the supplier.

Hi Brandon,

Any progress on this front?

R7 + tool changer = rad!

@Kevin_McNally and all the other guys, was speaking with Joe S this morning and reminded me about this. I received this drawing from the CNC cat guys about fitment. I have not compared our spindles yet .

821be91961a4c3be3ab7ca04ad8b583d.jpeg

I’ll check out my spindle here in a few.

Spindle dims differ greatly where I think it matters.

The real meat is going to be how the spindle locks onto the ATC, from forum posts it sounds like the spindle will thread onto the ATC.

Brandon, did they give you any more information about clearance and tolerances?

I would rather not buy a new spindle just for this ATC system. It would push my time to implement out.