Anyone using LW4 on the FABkit?

Anyone using LW4 on the FABkit? Wondering how to easily turn on the laser (so I can align the mirrors)?

I run lw3 on the fabkit and lw4 on my pc to prepare the job

Did you try to load the fabkit machine profile ?

Wasnt there when i set stuff up :slight_smile:

Last version is here: https://github.com/LaserWeb/LaserWeb4-Binaries

@CescoAiel ​ you should be able to use the test button for that.

I did load the FABkit profile, yes…

I pressed the test button, but that didn’t seem to do anything (Yes, I had the door closed and the key on (green light showing on key-switch and indicator light!)

I’ll try that macro mentioned elsewhere!

@FabCreator profile seems the profile does not have the values for the test button.
@CescoAiel go to setting / Gcode and at the end youll see Tool Test Power. Put a value there. Also test tool duration is 0 if you want to used it as toogle

Lw3 the test fire did not work hence @Krijn_Schaap ​ macro.
Lw4 works differently so may work but have not had the chance to test that function yet. Follow what @Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty ​ said should work now. If not let me know and I will relay it back to lw :slight_smile:
Also check outs @Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty ​ live steam on Lw4 should help you get to grips with the software :slight_smile:

Getting close… But those last millimeters of alignment are a pain!
I also had the luck that the sticker stuck to a mirror and left sticky backing stuff… So I had to clean that mirror too! :frowning:
I noticed I started making stupid errors, so I’ve quit for now, and will resume tomorrow evening…

(BTW: I modified the macro to do a 1mm in both directions, so it effectively stays in the same place)

PS: Because we only have 3 screws on the corners of a square, and some sticky foam, to work with, the mirror alignment behavior isn’t super predictable…

perhaps we should switch them to springs, once you got it done you wont have to do it again for a long time :slight_smile:

I hope ‘never’… :wink:

We have not had to yet :slight_smile: it really depends on how well you do it the first time and if you get the lock nuts on just right :slight_smile: do that and you should be good :slight_smile: