Anyone have tips for printing artsy pieces? Small, thin wall, or requiring support.

Anyone have tips for printing artsy pieces? Small, thin wall, or requiring support. Specifically, has anyone tried out the raft / interface layer on a well dialed in printer and care to comment on interface pattern spacing?

And print speeds - I’ve made almost nothing but big heavy-duty parts for more functional applications that I have my default speeds set probably higher then proper for this stuff

Thanks. I’d love to get a second extruder going on my Mendel90, for split color / material prints. If you have any parts / designs in mind and want to collaborate, let me know - I’d be happy to give an opinion if nothing else.

It usually helps to slow things down a bit on really intricate prints. As far as wall thickness, it generally depends on the model, but most fancy things I’ve printed were 1 shell and about 10-20% infill (if slic3r didn’t automatically make part of it solid)

@Sanjay - agreed about the temperature. I printed my latest model at 240C and fine resolution (0.15, I think) and it stuck much more firmly to the support than the previous ones. I did manage to get most of it off eventually but it was a lot more difficult. Unfortunately, I had one minor delamination though and I would be worried that lowering the hot end temp could make this worse.
I’ll definitely try increasing the support gap too - I have been using the default setting of 0.5 mm.