Anyone had any luck with the FW updater for tinyg ?

Anyone had any luck with the FW updater for tinyg ? I have been trying to load the new update with no luck , please let me know if you have been able to get it to work! THANKS

@Kurt_Schuppert I am trying to setup a video chat so we can work though this issue. Hit me up on google chat and we can see if we can get it going tonight / this weekend.

I made a video that if you follow should work with AVRdude

Can you share a link

Riley , I would love to see how to get this completed , we are having very bad storms right now , I have lost power 2 times for about 10min

its posted in this group

Kurt when you reset your TinyG does the red light continue to blink on and off for about 3 seconds?

Yes it does, I try to reprogram again last night, with no luck

Previously I would use TGFX to update the firmware.

I stopped supporting tgfx due to java was pretty bad for supporting all platforms in the GUI sense of cross platform. Lots of issues. Thomass board did not have a bootloader
Which is unheard of. So I am curious I this is @Kurt_Schuppert ​ issue too.

Kurt, I should have my V8 back soon, I promise to make a video on how to flash it via Avrdude the same day I get it back…

I would love to get this problem behind me, I need to get it back up and going I have a lot of work I would like to get completed

@Kurt_Schuppert ​ can u verify you have bootloader?

i dp npt think i have bootloader , where can i get it ?

@Kurt_Schuppert this is very interesting. As our boards always ship from factory with the boot loader. However it looks like @Thomas_Shue TinyG did not either. So we need to track this down. If you have a AVRISP MKII programmer you can flash it via AVR Studio. However, I recommend you just ship it back and I can get you a new board asap! This is something that customers SHOULD NOT have to deal with! Contact me via the email on your purchase and we can get things going.

This is Customer Service. Well done Riley!

That’s rights

Kurt: Have a look here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/devtinyg/B9xSJaupzNQ

I sent @Kurt_Schuppert a new board. His board in fact DID not have a bootloader? Very odd.