Anyone envision bioengineering skin (plenty of articles on this topic) using 3D printers making

Anyone envision bioengineering skin (plenty of articles on this topic) using 3D printers making a leap into the tattoo industry? I can imagine in the near future (10 years?) a device that grafts skin patterns or colorful designs onto your skin. And can remove tattoos just as easily. Interesting concept?

Sounds creepy yet cool and possible.

I think we will see Tattoo Robots first - way easier than to implant a piece of skin with Tattoo on it.

Nice extension of thought fellahs. A painless, removable tattoo would flip the stigma associated with tattoos. I think that might even eliminate the “cool” factor as they become easy, more importantly painless, to imprint on oneself. I can totally see wild or extreme body-mods as you mentioned Jelle. Be an interesting time.

but it also partly removes parts of the tatoo spirit. By being theorically permanent, it also represents a life long engagement. The removable part will probably make so that it’s not considered as a real tatoo by fans.
Yet, I agree that CNC tatoo machines would prevent most of the ugly tatoo failures (examples of those you can find on the net)

@Olivier_Jolly the taboo will disappear much more slowly than the actual impact