Another question. I will be using the TinyG board along with four Nema 23

Another question.

I will be using the TinyG board along with four Nema 23 stepper motors for the build. For a dedicated power supply, would a 24VDC 10A 240W power supply do the trick?

I have done research concerning power supplies and temporarily used a CPU power supply for testing, but before I make any purchases I would love some tips and advice.

Its hard not to ask a million questions when I get such helpful responses but I will do my best not to spam everyone.

Thanks again for the amazing support. I am really grateful for the help as I am a young engineering student and I really value all the knowledge everyone here has to share!

Yes a 24V power supply is good for running your steppers but I would go up to 300W or 350W. The power supplies Brandon sells on his site are great and have built-in fans for keeping them cool (but are quiet and spin up depending on the heat load). http://www.smw3d.com/dc-power-supplies/

Thanks!

@Thomas_Krammer I agree with Jace, in addition to this Syntheos recommends air cooling the TinyG board when using Nema23 motors. Also what spindle will you be using?

Right now, since it is what I have on hand, I will be using a Hitachi router and then mounting that on. It has variable speeds and can hold up to 1/2" bits. it will be subject to change further up the road.

@Jace_Richardson I would be leaning towards purchasing the TinyG and Power Supply from Brandon’s web page but they are closed for a week starting tomorrow. Are there any other sources for good power supplies that you know of?

In that case yes the 24v power supply should be fine for now. Just remember that if you decide to change to a spindle type router you may need more juice to push it.