Alex, please put me on the 'cut-it-forward' list!  Great idea.

Alex, please put me on the ‘cut-it-forward’ list! Great idea.

@Jack_Coats , hey welcome to the group.

I’m not sure where we are on plates, I think @Alex_Lee is keeping track. I know we sent a set to Brian last…

Yes I got them -Thanks!

Just a note, these plates do not have to be or may not be perfect. They should be close enough to get the next guy started. After he can cut is own new plates and create a set for the next guy.
Thanks all for having some fun with this, can’t wait to see all the new OX popping up around the globe.

Good point Brandon. Lots of things don’t have to be perfect to work!

@Alex_Lee @Brandon_Satterfield I got them. Slowly getting it together. What bit works best for cutting aluminum?

http://www.amanatool.com/nsearch/?cat=0&q=compression%20bit

Amana makes good bits. The compression bit does an upcut on the end of the bit, and downcut on the top part of the bit. It makes for smooth cuts for just about everything (especially wood or wood product). The first bit listed is not a compression bit, but should work nicely.

Amana tools are not cheap, but should last a long time.

There are plenty of other good ones around, these are just some I happen to know about.

Oh yes, use cutting fluid appropriate for aluminum. It will help it cut smoother, tools to last longer too.

I like a single flute, upcut, carbide, 3.175mm or 4mm. These seem to work alright for inexpensive bits.

I have been wanting to upgrade one of my machines. Big spindle like Alex has, metal spoiler board so I can run a liquid coolant/lubricant. Then try some of those nice bits mentioned above.