Adam Savage's book Every Tool's a Hammer my review

Since Ned is another Adam Savage fan, I thought I would give my review on his book, Every Tool’s a Hammer: Life Is What You Make It.

To begin with, I actually listened to the Audible book narrated by Adam Savage. It is a quick read or listen.

If you are looking for a more in-depth background of Adam Savage, you will not find it in the book. The book is written for young, beginner makers who do not have a lot of experience. He does skim some of his background and upbringing to make examples of his thought process but they are only tidbits without any substance.

Most of what he states is common sense approach to making such as what tools are needed and how to get from idea to made item. I enjoyed listening to him espouse on what to do and not do but quickly tired of there not being any real information that a person of my age and skill would be able to take away from his information in the book.

So bottom line is that it is great for young new makers looking for some guidance but comes up short of being an autobiographical book on Adam Savage.

Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Good to know. I’ve gotten a lot autobiographical info about him just from listening to his podcast. He always shares lots of stories from his life and his Mom is sometimes a guest on the Pod. She has lots of great stories to.

1 Like