3D printing is great and its good for the environment, especially in this case.
The lid for my coffeepot broke. Its one of these ones that fit tightly with the coffeemaker. Maybe I could buy another pot, but under normal circumstances I would have gone out to buy another coffeemaker.
This time I have a3d printer, so I decided to make real use of it. I set myself up to fix the lid myself.
The lid came apart easily. It is quite complex mechanics and fortunately the lid is not glued, but just clicked together. Two major paths made the top and bottom of the lid and a number of smaller parts made up the locking mechanism. The broken part was the largest and most complex part and I sat down with my calipers and my openSCAD program and started to design.
After a few hours I had a design. My first print was not accurate and needed some adjustments. Second print was fine and the lid now works even better than before.
The white thing at the bottom left is the new printed part. At the bottom right the broken part is shown.
It’s a good feeling to be able to repair stuff like this…