3D printed end tanks for our development intercooler for the new Honda Civic Type

3D printed end tanks for our development intercooler for the new Honda Civic Type R

Does this melt at high temperatures?

And can you withstand the pressure?

@printing_enjoy Hello. We think it will withstand quite well but we’ve only produced it as a prototype to check dimensions

HT PLA melt 130C

@Forge_Motorsport ^^ I like cars too.
I saw a wonderful work.
Enjoy your printing life ~~

Material? Pla not support

An intercooler does not reach very high temperatures.

I think.

90°c-110°c to 60°c. Pla ko. between air pressure and temperature it is impossible to support it.

Note to commenters: they’re probably not using PLA, or thermoplastics in general. Anyone doing this industrially tends to use UV resin 3d printing, which is airtight and can stand up to significantly higher temperatures.

Additionally, the poster mentioned that they aren’t using this piece. This is merely to check dimensions before they go to production.

what is this

This looks like a heater core from under the dash area.

Will it not deform from the heat ? Get brittle or crack?

OMG I DIDN’T READ ANY OF THE OTHER COMMENTS AND I’M JUST REACTING TO THE PICTURE… BUT I’M GOING TO YELL AT YOU FOR “USING” PLASTIC AROUND HOT CAR PARTS ARGH ARGH ARGH

@Jakab_Gipsz Printing right material which would not fit melts budget, binds resources, time and rises TCO by printer parts wear for special material use.

@Werner_Hiemer what are you talking about? Heat resistant PLA does not wipe the printer! its chemical composition is slightly different than PLA. It needs to be printed at a slightly higher temperature (230-250 ° C) and after it has been finished, it should be heat-treated in the oven, then it can withstand up to 130 ° C.

“dimensions check”, they said. Just for you talking about temperatures.

@NathanielStenzel This place is turning into FB’s 3d printing page :joy::rofl: