100micron and 200micron layer Benchy. Mechaduino belt driven Z axis.

100micron and 200micron layer Benchy. Mechaduino belt driven Z axis. First two prints off of a fresh scratch built i3 no tuning except for retraction adjustment. The only artifacts in the prints are from the 3d printed Itty Bitty extruder. I know the bobbed bolt is not to spec and the extruder body flexes under internal stresses which causes the belt to lose tension. Bondtech BMG is on order to replace the 3d printed extruder. Very happy with the Mechaduino, very very satisfied. Stock PIDs are doing great. Now I better start seeing more Mechaduinos on here!

It’s amazing how much of a difference there is between 1 and 2. I started printing finely detail stuff at .1 and it really helps the details to look nice. More crude stuff I still run .2 to save on time.

WOW!!! This is the neatest 3d print ive ever seen!!!

What drivers use u? 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 or 1/128? shield 8 bits or 32 bits?

@WizTeK_OpsS TMC2100 in SpreadCylcle mode. The machine has a 2:1 belt reduction at the X and Y axis doubling the resolution and torque. Running 1/16 micro stepping.
Final result with a 20 tooth pulley step per mm is 160 same as it would be with a direct drive at 1/32 microstepping.

Panucat ReArm controller running Smoothieware 32bit.

How long to print at .1 ?

I think it was right at 2.5-3 hours with 10% infill. 0.1layer was to test if there was any Z banding at such small layer height. Generic GT2 belts are known to not have the tightest tolerances when it comes to pitch.

You know, as time goes on, I’m really leaning more and more towards the 2:1 pulley reduction stage for X and Y. At least on 24v printers. Definitely want good belts though, since the 2:1 belt stage multiplies any backlash by 2.5x. (Three pulleys in mesh instead of one but one is 1/2 impact.)