Yuusuf Sallahuddin ...here you go....3d laser cut...there is a store here that sells these.

@Scott_Thorne In amongst the conversations, Josh Rhodes linked a software called Autodesk 123D. http://www.123dapp.com/make

If you take a look at the short video there, this software makes it look extremely easy to make things like this from 3d models.

@Ulf_Stahmer …thanks bro…I needed this.

@Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y …that autodesk program looks great…I think I’m going to try it.

@Scott_Thorne Yeah I just tested it now on the sphinx that I previously tested with other methods. Works extremely great. Can output cut plans as PDF, which I believe could then be used to create laser cut files.

I’ll be home in a few hours…I’m gonna try it out.

@Yuusuf_Sallahuddin_Y Inkscape can import pdf files as editable vector images. About 20 Years ago I did some illustrations using AI 3. The new version of AI wouldn’t open them, so I reinstalled AI 3 in an emulator and saved the original files as a pdf (version 1). I was able to open these files in Inkscape and edit them! I was happy and impressed.

@Ulf_Stahmer Adobe Illustrator CC 2015 is what I am running & it allows me to import PDF also. Inkscape looks to be a decent software too. And much cheaper than Adobe suite. It’s just a matter of switching over at some point & learning the differences.

@HalfNormal
Ahh a fellow Arizonian! I work in Flagstaff daily, but live down toward Sedona. Scott, search the CNCZone forums. I’ve seen a few threads where folks share drawings/files of 3d models like these and of animals & vehicles etc. I’ve also seen links to places that sell the plans and cad files for this kind of stuff. This may have already been listed elsewhere, but they have thousands of plans here…(this link is to the houses section) http://www.makecnc.com/browse-store/premium-patterns/buildings/houses/

@Coherent …man I missed going to Sedona last time I was in Phoenix…I’ll be back out there in a month or so.

Scott, I Just added a link to place that has lots of plans… you may already be aware of it.

@Coherent …thanks man…I’m going to check it out.

@Coherent I had a place in Sedona for a year-and-a-half before finally moving to Flagstaff. I work at the hospital and have to be on call which means at the hospital within 20 minutes. That’s a little rough when you’re down in the Sedona area! We’ll have to get together and compare notes sometime. When @Scott_Thorne is in town might even go get a beer!

@HalfNormal@Coherent …that sounds like a plan brother…I’ll let you guys know when my travel plans are set in stone.

What’s the stores name/url? :slight_smile:

@Off-grid_Denmark …this is not an online store.