You guys know I don't post Kickstarters, especially for 3D printers.

The water cooling idea has been promoted before. I don’t know if it’s the same guy but I swear I’ve seen that exact setup circulating a couple years ago. I’ve not seen anyone use it though.

@Rob_Povey I’ve tried it. It’s definitely sufficient with regard to cooling. The issue I had was with the silicone tube moving up/down slightly and leaking a bit.

@Taylor_Landry1 So strain relief is an absolute must then, is what I’m getting from that statement.

@ThantiK the Zatsit version uses a biopsy punch to cut a precision hole in the silicone tubing, so it should be more robust against leakage than a lot of DIY options, but yeah, yanking on the tube would be a leak hazard.

@ThantiK correct. But also need to prevent it from moving axially on the heat break.

Hello, everyone!
I find that your comments express reasonable doubts about the innovations I am proposing. It is in the nature of innovation to raise doubts, it is normal and healthy! I had these doubts before you, and I think I did everything in my power to remove them. In particular, I didn’t feel entitled to solicit backers until I had thoroughly tested my ideas. Perhaps too thoroughly: the madness of 3D printers has subsided, and ultra-cheap kits have now appeared…

But at least, after more than two years of hindsight, I am quite sure of myself. The Hylite hinges of my oldest prototype, which has worked very hard all this time, are like the first day, and Hot Ends never leak, unless they are mechanically stressed when hot (I did this on purpose, but you have no reason to do it!). And above all, these Hot-Ends never clog up, and that’s nice!

What I must point out is that, once the doubts have been removed, how many brilliant advantages appear! One of the most useful thing, in my opinion, is that it is impossible to build a Zatsit that is not accurate. This is a rare quality for a delta, and especially for a delta kit!

@Createur_Zatsit
@Dennis P
I installed all kinds of things on the effector holder, apart for 3D printing.

The worst thing I did was to install as an effector a vibrating glass engraver, which weighed more than 450g (we see it on the Kickstarter video). This thing was hitting glass at 50Hz, with a terrible noise, and vibrations so loud that I was convinced it would destroy everything. The engraver worked this way for several hours, despite my family’s strong protests, until the tip faded and became ineffective.

Well, that was 18 months ago, and it was the same Zatsit prototype I still use! It seems it did not suffer from this unreasonable episode…

I think the only problem with these hinges is the cold: According to the literature I have consulted about polypropylene, you shouldn’t take the risk of running them below 12°C. Anyway, 3D printing doesn’t work very well either, at these temperatures…

http://www.DeepL.com/Translator