Yesterday was a 3d Printing day.

Yesterday was a 3d Printing day. I had to catch up and make a few things I have been putting off. 1st, I had to design and print a new foot pad for the barstools. For some reason we lost one of the feet and it was beginning to gouge the floor. 2nd, I designed and printed a bracket for my reflector/light on my bicycle. 3rd, and lastly, I designed and printed a front wheel support for my bicycle trainer. I splurged a bit this time and put my last name on it! I love 3D printing. So insanely useful!

All in one day? I’m impressed, your printer must be faster than mine :slight_smile:

Did you print the foot pads using flexible filament? Ninjaflex has great friction.

Adam, No… just ABS. My wife puts soft pads on the bottom anyway.

Pity. Although probably easier to do that way since you don’t have to mess with all the difficulties printing.

Did printing the barstool foot convince your wife that the printer is not just a boy’s toy?

I find I need to print something practical every now and again to avoid that situation.

Neil, funny! My wife has actually come around to it. I think she began seeing it as a useful tool when I fixed the wheels on the dishwasher basket last year. Also, since I built mine instead of buying it I didn’t have to sink as much money into it as others may have. I have a friend that spent about 2K for a printer. Mine was less than $400.

My other half still thinks I’m gonna burn the house down when I leave it running overnight, it probably doesn’t help that I have bottles of Acetone kicking around that have big warning symbols on them :wink:

@Jeffrey_Byrns Custom printer? I’d be interested in learning more about it.

Adam - It is a Prusa i3. Plans are on the Internet for it.

@Jeffrey_Byrns ​ ah yeah I helped build an i3 for my high school

But have you printed a whistle, yet?

Mike, why yes I have printed a whistle!