Wow, it is amazing how many interruptions you can run into with projects that

Wow, it is amazing how many interruptions you can run into with projects that require other projects to be completed first. It’s been over 3 months since I got my OX and it is still only 90% complete. Fortunately I have completed the other more important projects and can now focus on my OX. The table might look familiar. Thanks @donkjr

Wow that is nicely done. I’m guessing the plans worked ok for you?

@donkjr Yes, I was surprised just how solid it feels. I used smaller lag bolts (1/4) and only pre-drilled 40% the length of the bolts. Overall it was easy to follow what you had done. Thanks for a good design.

I built a torsion box table for mine, then bolted the Y axis rails right to the outside of the torsion box. Added an incredible amount of strength to the build, and reduced the amount of V slot required as there was no need for cross braces at the ends.

@funinthefalls I forgot to ask this before: can you provide details on your torsion box?

I will draw up a quick sketch and post it. But it is basically a rectabgular box the size of the bed by 4" thick with internal stiffener ribs made of 3/4" plywood running front to back and lengthwise in a grid pattern, skinned top and bottom by 3/4" plywood. I used cabinet grade maple plywood for strength and flatness.

1 Like