Would it be possible to have a scale-factor option for imported geometry?

Would it be possible to have a scale-factor option for imported geometry? My main reason is for working with inch DXF files, right now, if I draw in ye olde inch (which I do, now being colonised for 20 years), I have to scale the output by 25.4. That, or have a prompt for the DXF units upon import?

Sorry. LaserWeb only supports mm.
Depending on your CAD you should be able to export the dxf in mm.

@cprezzi Thanks Claudio, I don’t think LW should necessarily support inch either. Is there an existing way to scale geometry by a factor, though? The work-around now is to either design in metric and output in metric or scale the inch design by 25.4 upon either export or import. DXF’s don’t specify the units since inception (I think) which I still find somewhat surprising!

With Adobe Illustrator (not a real CAD) I can design in Inch and export to a DXF with mm (without any redesign).

@cprezzi Does it - like CorelDraw’s DWG export - prompt for the units? If so, I suspect upon export it is scaling it by 25.4

You can also scale the document after import into LW4 by selecting the document and adjusting the x/y size in the position popup.

@cprezzi Yes, I saw that, I take it that it scales it to the given size versus a factor?

Correct