Working on a slightly more optimized workspace for the Raspberry Pi 3.

Working on a slightly more optimized workspace for the Raspberry Pi 3. Still getting the occasional flicker problem, but shrinking the 3d view helps quite a bit. Load on one of the four cores peaks out at about 15% while simulating… so, the pi seems to have more than enough power to do this.

http://chilipeppr.com/dchote

Not quite as sexy as having the 3d full screen but if it helps then I think it’s a great approach

@jlauer i agree, but the whole screen flickering was too much. I’ll probably spend some time learning threejs to see if there are any settings to try and tweak.

For another option, you might try reducing the screen resolution.

@NathanielStenzel I tried, it doesn’t fix the flickering problem. I’ve been doing some reading, it may be a camera plane problem, basically the gpu running out of precision. Going to do some tests tonight.

@Daniel_Chote I had my doubts that it would fix the problem all by itself. I figured if you had a lower resolution though, maybe you might not need to shrink the window as much. Good luck finding the best solution. The results of this experimentation will probably help similar works for various embeded systems.

so far im just randomly poking at three.js properties. finding some interesting artifacts :slight_smile:

What memory settings for the pi3?

Memory split at 256M

That is enough memory for the screen resolution and color depth?

@NathanielStenzel totally. 64Mb is enough for 1080p (which is the default allocation)