Working on a new Ingentis/Eustathios XY carriage.

Working on a new Ingentis/Eustathios XY carriage. I don’t know solidworks for crap, so I’ve been figuring it out as I’m going along. This is how far I am right now.

The idea (for me) is that I don’t need that belt tensioning mechanism, and in order to fasten the belts I will have a clamp on top. Also, the way things are cut out right now, doesn’t hinder the clamping functionality of the original block. I also wanted some more natural curves, instead of just cube on top of cube on top of cube. Fillets everywhere when I’m done. :smiley:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByxvvRr2A-puTjI4UFZ5WkJUQ1k/view?usp=sharing is what I have currently. Will export in STEP/IGES later. I still need to figure out the best way to fasten the top. Either way, should have more belt clearance with this one, and it should look a little better.

All the fillets

Looks nice. But how do you plan to tension the belt? I am all for new designs… But the rod ends work so well right now and tensioning is so easy with the current design.

@Eclsnowman ​, lived without the need to tension belts constantly for a while now. Once they’re set, they’re set, generally.

@ThantiK ​ I agree. I have not adjusted mine since I installed it. I just mean the initial tension.

I finally pulled up the google docs model with edrawings on my phone. Looks great. I like your use of chamfers vs fillets. Gives a great look and improves first few layers printability.

Ya know, I pirated SolidWorks, but just noticed that eDrawings was a sldprt viewer for Android at $2. I always say that I’ll pay for things that are reasonably priced, so just gave them mah money. :slight_smile: