Why not make GcodeSimulator available on amazon app store...

Why not make GcodeSimulator available on amazon app store… since google until now only accepts credit cards, and i dont have one, im locked out and cannot buy the app… :frowning:

Hm. I have to check what is needed to sell apps through amazon. Why dont you use Google Gift cards instead of a Credit card?

Amazon has this ‘clause’ in their contract where they can give your app away for free. Just something to think about…

ok, no worries, i can also use a gift card… but since credit cards are not that common in germany and google does not move perhaps it would be a good idea to sell your apps on a store which does not require credit cards… this migtht boost the sales a little bit…

Interesting. I’m more concerned about the duplicate effort to publish the app. I usually post 1-2 updates per week and it already take a lot of time to keep the Google app store updated.

im waiting for my makibox and planned to run it through octoprint and use a cheap android tablet as gui for it… with your app i could spare the raspi… will give feedback as soon as i have the makibox up and running…

@Jan_Biedermann you are right, I already had a few people asking for a non-credit-card payment. Gift cards seem to be not available in all countries (i.e Netherlands) . Maybe I need to reconsider Amazon after reading their clauses…

perhaps there is a trustworthy app store without these “give away for free” - clauses? anyone?

Amazon and Google are the big two for the US market that process money. There are others, but they tend to focus on the free stuff.

In theory, one could sell directly, but it would be hard to control the spread of the sold .apks and over time it would eat up too much time.

Too bad one can’t move funds from paypal to google wallet somehow.