Why is slic3r doing this to me?

gplus
discussion
(Jeremy G (WeisTek Engineering)) #1

Why is slic3r doing this to me? There’s no infill in a lot of the layers in the small parts.

3mm feedstock, .35 first layer height, .25 layer height, .45% infill, both rectilinear , 3 perimeters.

Any ideas?

(Michael AtOz) #2

If that is not a typeo, .45% ie point45% is < half of a percent infill. Otherwise I’d use rectilinear fill, sometimes concentric has issues, maybe increase to 60% & see.

(Jeremy G (WeisTek Engineering)) #3

My bad, ya it’s 45% infill.

(Jeremy G (WeisTek Engineering)) #4

Both are rectilinear.

(Tim Hale (Freever)) #5

Or try kisslicer :wink: Much smoother slices with less complicated settings :wink:

(Jeremy G (WeisTek Engineering)) #6

Mm I’ve heard if it, I might have to give it a try tomorrow.

(Marco Alici) #7

Try to reduce the extrusion width (Print Settings/Advanced).

(Michael AtOz) #8

I can see the rectilinear in the middle, but the bits around the hex holes was what lead me to think concentric.
(gee I just noticed you can zoom the photo with scroll wheel)
Have you fiddled with extrude width? If it thinks the extrusion is wide (ie covering those gaps), I doubt it will be reflected by the gcode view. (Oh as Marco said :expressionless: )
What version of slic3r? Is the STL available somewhere?

(Bracken Dawson) #9

What version are you using? There was a bug a LONG tome ago that caused this, it has since been fixed and also the small infill feature added. Is small infill enabled?

(Thomas Sanladerer) #10

Slic3r calculates extrusion thickness mainly from the nozzle size - are you using an extraordinarily large nozzle?

(Vaclav Hula) #11

Maybe the gaps are too thin for a normal extrusion. Try playing with Extrusion width

(Jeremy G (WeisTek Engineering)) #12

Ya it’s weird, I’m using slic3r 0.9.9 nozzle is set to .35mm I haven’t messed with the extrusion width yet ill try that here in a bit, funny thing is I tried it on my laptop that’s 2 revisions back an it works just fine an its got nothing fancy done to it…

(Marco Alici) #13

@Jeremy_G_WeisTek_Eng different versions use different default extrusion width, you can verify opening the gcode files with a text editor. 0.9.9 uses a bigger value AFAIK.

(Jeremy G (WeisTek Engineering)) #14

Fixed it, just set the extrusion width to the nozzle diameter .35mm it was set to 0 but slicer was not auto calculating the width.

(Vaclav Hula) #15

I set the extrusion width to 250% (thats 2.5x layer height) and all is ok.

(Jeremy G (WeisTek Engineering)) #16

Ill try that, it substantially increases the feedstock use to print parts.

I have some y bushings printing now ill let you know how they turned out.