Why does my print starts above printbed? I calibrated my Simple according to manual.

Why does my print starts above printbed?
I calibrated my Simple according to manual. I configured Repetier to specs. I downloaded the cube and load the file. Looks fine in gui. Home positions are all set. When I start job it does not print on the printbed but up in empty space. A file issue or calibration issue?

I noticed a change in the way Repetier starts its print. Mine homes itself then raises a few mm. Then once everything is heated up it goes to the first layer height and starts to print.

I’ve noticed that the paper under the nozzle for the calibration does not work on mine anymore due to this my hot end has to push the bed down just a titch.

Try setting your z home down a little bit further. And an adjustable z end stop helps a lot.

Try a different model, some don’t start at zero Z.

Or change the z translation until it just turns purple. I have files I have to set the z trans at around .7-9

The model i try with is the recommended one from instructions. I assume it is ok? But will try your tips.

It could be a faulty endstop…

Yes, ends tops are cool. But they are also non existent on a Printrbot Simple. I do have plans to add them.