While waiting for a laser-Testing out a soldering iron to create same effect...of course

While waiting for a laser-Testing out a soldering iron to create same effect…of course chilipeppr 's running it :slight_smile:

That’s really cool. I used to do wood burning all the time as a kid. You have now shown us the modern way.

that’s sweet. do they have any tips that would roll I wonder?

I’m not familiar with wood burning… i wonder how a wood burner differs from a soldering iron.

Well it is a wood burner as well, just replacing the tips. Bought a cheap package with several tips - one of them is kind of “roundish”… Need to test that out :slight_smile:

Great idea! Love it! Keep us updated and share some finished projects

Hi - yeah it was fun to test out!

I haven’t used it for anything meaningful yet…just testing. Here is a link to a result trying a stripped photo and text: https://goo.gl/photos/ctnkA9cGEgk7jfnY8

Small issues in levelling will however be very visible, I notice my wasteboard is not 100% which causes problems when you only go 0.3-0.4 mm deep. And this is not the kind of job you start and head up to the living room to pop a beer…wood & burner - dangerous combination so be cautious :smiley: