Which FDM printer has the fastest print time and the best print quality?

gplus
discussion
(Derrick A Yeboah) #1

Which FDM printer has the fastest print time and the best print quality? I know the two coincide with each other so which printer balances the two the best.

(Dave Durant) #2

Ultimaker?

(Morio Murase) #3

It depends. Do you absolutely want speed and a decent-quality (large) print? You can get a Lulzbot TAZ 6 with the Moarstruder, or swap the hotend on a decent-quality printer for an E3D Volcano and at least 0.8mm on the nozzle. The print lines will be massive, but you’ll chug through filament like crazy.

Otherwise, I like to think that print speed is inversely proportional to print quality. The axes on the Prusa MK3 I have at work can go well past 60mm/s, but the drop in quality is rarely worth it.

(Johan Jakobsson) #4

I think you’d have a hard time finding something that prints faster than the DICE CoreXY printer.

(Temujin Kuechle) #5

Check our the WASP Delta?

(ThantiK) #6

Avoid any Delta platform. They don’t offer any advantages as a user, but plenty of drawbacks.

Print time and quality are inversely proportional to each other. Printer doesn’t matter, slicing parameters do.

(Glen Beer) #7

Not mentioning any brands however the CoreXY will deliver best quality with speed.
I’m printing comfortably at 110mm/s with ABS & 140mm/s PLA.