Where do we go from here?

Where do we go from here?

After many discussions about what to do when G+ shuts down it was decided that a new group wasn’t going to be formed anywhere else and that people would likely migrate over to Reddit. While that’s fine for some, it isn’t for others. I have already created a group over at MeWe and we’re slowly gaining members. So with the approval of Thantik I’m offering an alternative to Reddit if you’d like to check it out. It’ll feel a lot like G+ does but not identical of course. I encourage you to check out both places as reddit is full of information. If you’ve never tried MeWe, just click the link below. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. The group is new and doesn’t have much content yet so share something and join the group chat.

1 Like

I’m in!

or http://forum.toms3d.org

Yeah, I suggest to try them all and join what you like. I picked MeWe because it’s similar to G+. If you find something else that you like better, go for it. I was just trying to keep this group together. I’m also sending in frequent emails about making it open so more people can find us.

Crap…I can’t pin both of these posts. :confused:

@Kevin_Danger_Powers , do you mind if I steal this graphic and post something which includes your community link? I’ll also include all the links that everyone else has been posting here. I’d like to have a central post that can be seen by everyone as this shutdown is going on and I don’t want to leave your posts out.

@ThantiK sorry for the delayed response. Just got the notification… But yeah, a centralized pinned post would be just fine with me.

@Kevin_Danger_Powers I tried pinning both your and my posts - so yours wouldn’t get pushed down, but it wouldn’t let me pin more than a single post at a time.

I’ll post another one later tonight with a graphic so that it draws a little more attention.

I was kind of hoping Openbook.social had their alpha open by now. THAT is the place that looks like where G+ users will want to go.

1 Like

@ThantiK maybe in the future we will. I figure that if MeWe doesn’t open up more to the public that it may just be a stepping stone.

@Cameron_Spiller I just got an email back from Openbook.social - They said they are working to make a communities feature that is VERY similar to G+. As soon as OpenBook is available, I think that’s what I’ll be jumping to.