Where can I buy inexpensive "orange" acrylic sheet that blocks 445nM blue diode lasers? 

Where can I buy inexpensive “orange” acrylic sheet that blocks 445nM blue diode lasers? When I search for laser safety acrylic or plexiglass, all the hits are a few hundred bucks for a one foot square piece. I’d like to shroud the laser carriage as insurance for unexpected barging into the garage during operation.

That’s the one I have ^^

Here in toronto, I’d go to plastic world and get samples. They probably have the colour you want. http://plasticworld.ca/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_66
shows some colours, but they have WAY more than that. 4by8 or larger sheets are something in the range of 70-100 bucks, IIRC.

Is there something special about the acrylic sheets the laser safety companies are peddling, or does any sufficiently deep shade of red/amber work fine? Nothing but simple subtractive color going on? Datasheets say I don’t need to consider UV spillover, it’s an NDB7A75 diode.

J Tech Photonics has reasonably priced safety acrylic.

$13 plus $50 shipping for a 12" square piece is cheaper than other places but still quite pricey given the item being shipped – a colored piece of acrylic sheet. If I can find a dark piece of amber acrylic locally, how can I safely test that it will perform adequately as a laser shield?